Terms & Conditions
– The Free Paper submission portal opens Monday 22nd January and will be closing Monday 18th March (23:59 CET).
– Presenting authors must be ophthalmologists.
– Co-authors must be ophthalmologists, other healthcare professionals or researchers that have contributed to the project.
– Free Paper abstracts will be considered for 5-minute presentation slots in Free Paper Sessions OR as Audio Narrated Free Papers available online and on designated computer terminals in the Congress centre, depending on review outcome.
– Each applicant may submit a maximum of 2 Free Paper abstracts.
– If you wish to withdraw your accepted abstract from the Congress programme, you must confirm via email to [email protected] by Thursday 5th September, 2024 (23:59 CET).
If you choose to submit an abstract(s) we will use your personal details to keep you updated on its status including whether it has been accepted for presentation at the Euretina Congress. If your abstract(s) is accepted for presentation at the Euretina Congress your contact details (name and email address) will be sent to a third-party Audio-Visual Company in order for them to contact you in relation to uploading your presentation.
Review & Evaluation
– All submitted abstracts will be reviewed before a final selection is made.
– Specific topics that need to be covered in the Congress programme will be considered before making the final selection of accepted abstracts. The decision of the Euretina Review Committee is final.
– If your abstract is accepted, you will be informed of this by email by the end of June, 2024.
– It is not possible to reschedule the assigned time of an accepted Free Paper.
All submitted abstracts must be in English and follow the structured format below:
– Title (250 characters max)
– Purpose (100 words max)
– Setting/Venue (50 words max)
– Methods (200 words max)
– Results (200 words max)
– Conclusions (200 words max)
All abstracts MUST be submitted in the presenting author’s name.
Financial Disclosure: Please indicate Yes/No. If applicable please clearly list your financial interest in the subject matter or if you receive funds from any mentioned companies.
– Presentations titles must not include company names.
– Accepted presentations must not include company branded slides.
– The summary of results presented must be given in sufficient detail to support the conclusions. The Review Committee will only accept abstracts with final results or conclusions.
– Formulae should, in general, be avoided.
– When using abbreviations or acronyms for the first time, care should be taken to spell them out in full with the abbreviation in parentheses after the full word(s) the first time it appears in the text. The abbreviation should be used alone thereafter.
– There is an embargo on oral presentations until the first day of the annual Congress programme.
– Euretina does not take any ownership of the copyright of a presentation. However, presenters are required to sign a Transfer of Rights document at the time of the presentation upload.
– Accepted presentations will be displayed on EURETINA On Demand after the Congress.
For any queries, please contact [email protected]Submit Abstract