As the EURETINA Congress returns as a live, face-to-face event, the Board is committed to making environmental sustainability core to its operations. It has engaged a team of sustainability consultants to help reduce waste, reduce carbon emissions, and measure and report the event so we can set and meet internal sustainability development goals each year.
As such you may notice some differences at this year’s Congress, including:
– No printed Euretina programmes or flyers
– No complimentary delegate bags containing industry flyers, pens and gadgets
– No plastic bottles
– Meat-free days for industry lunches
– Reduced printed signage
We encourage both delegates and industry colleagues to help us with this initiative during the days of the Congress.
Ways that you can help include:
– Bring your own reusable bottle (there will be plenty of refilling points)
– Bring your own bag, pen, anything else you may need throughout the day
– Take public transport
– Download the Congress App
– Photograph business cards or flyers instead of taking a copy
– Use the Congress as an opportunity to arrange as many meetings as you can with international colleagues, thus reducing the need to take separate flights in the future
We would love to hear any ideas you might have that would help us to build our sustainability development goals for this year’s Congress and the future.
Please feel free to send your ideas to [email protected].
For further information on our sustainability partners please visit Isla https://weareisla.co.uk/.