The EURETINA Observership Grant Programme is a €1,500 grant available for trainees in at least their final year of residency OR those who have finished their residency less than 5 years prior to the time of application.
There will be up to 10 Euretina members awarded grants annually. Applications for the Observerships Programme will be reviewed by a panel of judges comprising EURETINA Board members.
Criteria for applicants:
– The Observership programme is targeted at trainees in at least their final year of residency OR those who have finished their residency less than 5 years at time of application.
– Applicants must be training in a specialised retinal unit or university hospital.
– Applicants must be current EURETINA members. To become a member please visit EURETINA membership site. Under the EURETINA YOURS initiative, Ophthalmologists under 40 can now avail of free EURETINA membership for 3 years.
– Applicants must be in (or have completed) training in a European country.
– Observerships must be spent at an approved European hospital or university setting
– Successful applicants will be responsible for making their own application to their preferred Observership centre.
– Successful applicants will be asked to provide a short description of their experience at the end of the Observership programme which may be used for promotional purposes (with personal details redacted).
Online application must include:
– Up to date CV
– Letter of intent describing the reasons for your application
– Letter of support from the present head of department of your institution
Applications will not be considered until all documents have been received.
– Registration open
17 January, 2022
– Deadline for Applications for 2022
– Formal Review of 2022 Applications