March 4th 2019
Young Retina Specialists (YOURS) is designed to provide a platform for young members (under 40) of EURETINA to ensure that issues and focus points of interest to this demographic group are heard and translated.
- Organization of a YOURS day with young speakers during the EURETINA annual conference.
- Propose a selection of candidates for the Ophthalmologica Lecture award for the EURETINA board.
- Continuing work on initiatives for the young (under 40) members of EURETINA.
- Close collaboration with EURETINA
YOURS was founded in 2012 by the following ophthalmologists:
- Camiel Boon THE NETHERLANDS
- Monika Fleckenstein GERMANY – Giuseppe Querques ITALY
Composition of the committee
The committee includes preferably 6-8 young members of EURETINA (<40 years) and 2 EURETINA board representatives. All committee members should have connection to Europe (origin and future perspective). Geographic spread of committee members is desirable. A committee member must have a sizeable publication track record on PubMed and (aspirations of) an academic career in ophthalmology, with a focus on retinal diseases. Term of service is maximum 5 years, with the last year being a transition year in which the succeeding member is already involved. The maximum age for YOURS committee members is 39. A mix of residents and consultants is desired to ensure a broad representation of the young members of EURETINA, however, for practical purposes, >50 % of the committee members should be composed by consultants.